Friends of Foots Cray Meadows
About the Friends
The Friends were set up in June 2006 in order to protect Foots Cray Meadows, a magnificent mixture of landscaped open space, Meadows and Woodland covering an area of 97 hectares (240 acres) which has survived development from the urban sprawl of London. It is an important site to many local people and visitors alike and deserves our protection.
The Friends have developed the following aims and objectives in order to achieve this:
· Working in partnership with London Borough of Bexley to encourage public interest in, and the conservation of Foots Cray Meadows (FCM).
· To protect the wildlife and its habitat within FCM.
· To provide a focus for involvement by the community and users in the open space, to volunteer and work with the Council, in the conservation of FCM and its development as a public open space.
· To advance the public’s awareness of the open space by promoting FCM its plants, wildlife, landscape, sustainability and supporting appropriate recreational facilities for the benefit of community groups and the general public.
· To develop and deliver information, interpretive material and educational opportunities for FCM
· To raise funds for the purpose of achieving the above aims.
Check out our Blog
- Notice of AGMOur AGM will be held on Tuesday 20th June at 7pm at the Bothy, St James Church, North Cray Road DA14 5EQ The formal Notice has been sent by e mail to our members. If you have not received it,Continue reading “Notice of AGM”
- This Saturday Paws for TeaCanines bring your handlers to the Information Centre Saturday 20th May 10am to 1pm for a tea party and lots of cake – fundraising for Blue Cross Charity and the Friends of Foots Cray Meadows.
- The Friends Big Help Out EventThe rain held off on the Monday of the Big Help Out Volunteering day and we were able to meet many visitors to the Meadows at the ‘Five Arches’ and tell them about the Meadows and our Friends Group. AContinue reading “The Friends Big Help Out Event”
Trip Advisor Reviews
Beautiful, waterfall, lakes, wildlife. And to top it off there is a playground for kids. Perfect place to hang out
“Lovely spot for a picnic”
Nice area to visit in the spring and summer months, plenty of room. nice opportunity for photographs, walking the dog jogging.
“Love this place, so peaceful”
Lovely place to go and feed the ducks, swans and moorhens with the kids.
Peaceful and relaxing at the edge of town